8/17/2010

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String

Recently, I have read two different fav blogs of mine, here and here, that did a post on wrapping gifts...with wrapping paper not gift bags. I'm taking it as a sign that I need to throw out my large stash of gift bags that I have accumulated over that last few years. I don't know why I saved basically every single gift bag that I received- and there are many between wedding showers, baby showers, and birthdays. The thing is, I've gotten lazy, but I plan to change! I plan to take back the days that I used to love wrapping gifts and take pride in the end result. When I was younger, at Christmas time my family designated me the official "gift wrapper."

I've always loved opening a wrapped gift much more than just reaching into a gift bag. There's something extra special about a "brown paper package tied up with string." It's just plain fun. There's a sense of mystery and excitement and appreciation to the giver when opening a wrapped gift. So, today I am vowing that I will do my best to present gifts in a wrapped fashion or, at least, not in a silly 'ole gift bag. Goodwill better watch out, because their about to get a large donation of old gift bags!

Enjoy a few pictures of some pretty packages:

No comments:

Post a Comment