3/31/2011

Who, Me?

We are extremely honored and flattered and flabbergasted to be included in babble's 50 Best Etsy Baby Shops! We are at #9 with Best Bedding! Wow! I never dreamed that our business would come this far! Can I just take a moment to tell you all how our little business began? Back in the spring of '07 when I was pregnant with Noah we were searching for baby bedding for his crib. We came across some we liked, but they had a hefty price tag. So Nick had the idea that we could make it- as in, sew it. We didn't own a sewing machine and the only experience I had was from 7th grade home economics. Initially I thought there was no way we could do this, but Nick convinced me to buy a sewing machine, we found some fabric we liked (which, by the way, was from a quilted blanket and a bed sheet), and we gave it a go. Now, 4 years later we have a successful etsy shop that has made it to over 700 sales! God is truly gracious to us. This business has been such a blessing. It is what helped us get Nick through school and now serves as a little extra income. We have shipped our items all over the world! I get chills thinking that there are people in Australia, China, New Zealand, Canada, England, and many other countries that are using things that we made with our very own hands. Kinda cool, I think.

5 comments:

  1. Brooke, that is WONDERFUL! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations sweet Brooke!! That's amazing, and you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You guys definitely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cool! Congratulations! Like I have commented...you two are an awesome designing/creating force! Your Etsy shop is awesome!

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete