11/29/2009

The Countdown is On…6 Weeks To Go


Who am I kidding? The countdown has been on since I found out I was going to have another baby! But, now that I only have 6 weeks or less until Olive arrives I am really counting down the days. Mostly because of exhaustion and readiness to have this baby out of me, so my body can go back to normal. And then I remind myself that I’m only going to get bigger and more uncomfortable, experience more symptoms of pregnancy, and then have to go through labor and give birth! I’m really not complaining here because I know that it is truly a blessing to experience pregnancy and have a healthy baby at the end of it all. I guess I would just say that I’m ready…to be not pregnant and be able to breathe, walk normally, sit normally, run (or at least have a skip in my step), not have to pee all the time, and many many other things that you get to do when you’re not pregnant.
This pregnancy has been very different from my first. With Noah, of course, I didn’t have any other children to tend to, so I did a lot of relaxing, reading, watching movies…really, whatever I wanted to- and I wasn’t working. Basically, I just sat around- which I think made the time go by really slowly. I felt like I was pregnant with him forever! And this time around it has been totally opposite. I can’t believe how fast the time has flown by! Contributing to that is my full time job of motherhood, wifehood, and my business which has been busier than ever.  I spend a lot more time on my feet which, I think, has caused a lot more ailments with this pregnancy. I’ll spare you all the gory details…
I just read my little weekly email update that I get about the baby’s growth and development, and it said that “now is the time to slow down.” Yeah, right! Now is the time for me to hurry up and finish all my orders that my customers are waiting on before Olive arrives and the real exhaustion sets in! I’m at a crossroads here because, on the one hand, I am so ready to be done being pregnant, but on the other hand I still need some time to finish my orders. So, my sweet little Olive, I guess you will come when you are ready, but my customers will be really happy if I can get them their stuff on time. Oh well, I know it will all work out in the end. Thankfully, I have already had the so called “nesting” instinct- it’s either that or my obsession with organization- and I have already gotten Olive’s little clothes all put away and even went ahead and packed her bag for the hospital- just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment